Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Which Satillite?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    I'll switch as well if you can get me DC Locals, so I can watch the skins. But are the locals not on spotbeam now?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    Unfortunately, you're locked in to what locals you receive by your zip code. Now last year, I picked up a New York CBS station during football season so I could see the Jets games. But I believe the FCC passed a law prohibiting picking those out of market channels up. I do know that there were out of market Chicago networks available....when I run another sale, I'll check to make sure for you.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    dishnetwork has a ton of locals on their basic 110/119 alignment. Many of those locals are Conus, which basically means everyone has access to them without any kind of spotbeam issues. The locals that arent on conus are spotbeam....ill post a link that will tell you if the locals you want are on conus or spotbeam.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    Mik I know you know the answer to this, are the local channels on spot beam?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    If I can get DC locals on that satellite, how much does the equimpement cost?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    Hey, I just sell the stuff, I don't program the satellites!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    What buisness do you run?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish110_sid.html

    pvfan, the d.c. locals are spotbeamed for the northeast....chicago is on conus......I know I can "pretend" to have an RV and get the chicago locals that way since they give you a choice, but Id have to get my brother in law to use his commerical drivers license and sign up for them.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    That sucks, I'll stick to DTV and hope the p4 and p5 get hacked soon.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Which Satillite?

    haha, my thoughts exactly. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •